Born with a silver spoon in one of the most famous families of the country,…
Krishna Kapoor was the queen of the famous Kapoor clan of Bollywood. She was the wife of a legendary man, Raj Kapoor. The simple woman who was born in an influential family, and was quite ahead of her times. She had the ultimate grace to handle all the fame that she received after getting married to Raj Kapoor. Krishna Raj Kapoor was the one who was known to be the reason for peace and love in the family. She was the apple of everyone’s eye, and especially her husband loved her blindly. It is said that her cheerful and happy nature made everyone love her. According to the family tree, Krishna Kapoor was a distant cousin of Prithviraj Kapoor.
She was the daughter of his mother’s brother. However, this did not stop the arranged marriage between Raj Kapoor and her. Krishna Kapoor’s father had three wives and a total of thirteen kids, out of which Krishna Kapoor was the fourth in order. Her marriage to Raj Kapoor was a sensational event in the media and the Indian film industry. It is said that some of the newspapers printed the news with a caption saying that Raj Kapoor’s wild oats career is soon to end after his marriage with Krishna Malhotra. She was a gorgeous woman who remained equally charming until her death. Krishna Kapoor had a luxurious and happy life, which ended in 2018 when she died of cardiac arrest. She was 87-years old at the time of her death.
- Birth: Krishna Kapoor was born on December 30, 1930, in the Rewa state of Madhya Pradesh. She lived till the age of 87-years and died on October 1, 2018, due to a cardiac arrest. Her zodiac based on her birth date was Capricorn.
- Physical stats: She was 5 feet 2 inches tall, and her weight was 143 lbs. She had naturally brown eyes, and her hair was dyed, Brown.
- Education: Krishna Kapoor passed her 10th Grade examination after she got married. It was quite a degree for a woman during that time. She did not continue her education further and became a full-time housewife taking care of her family.
- Parents: Krishna Malhotra, who later became Kapoor after her marriage, was born in an influential family. Her father, Raisaheb Kartar Nath Malhotra, was the IG of Police during that time.
- Siblings: She had a total of 12 other siblings and step-siblings from her father’s three wives. Krishna’s brothers Rajendra Nath, Narendra Nath, and Prem Nath later became actors. Her sister Uma was married to another influential Bollywood family. Her husband was the famous actor Prem Chopra.
- Marriage: Krishna Malhotra got married to Raj Kapoor at a very young age in May 1946. They had five children together, three sons and two daughters. Their songs have all been famous Bollywood actors. They are Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, and Rajiv Kapoor. They had two daughters who were married off in a popular film family too. Their names are Ritu Nanda and Rima Jain.