Not everyone gets a chance to fulfill their dreams and live their passion like choreographer Geeta Kapoor. Born and brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Geeta was always passionate about dancing and wanted to make it her profession. The beautiful girl was growing up to see bigger dreams. Soon, she became a part of dance groups and featured as a background dancer infamous Bollywood movie songs. One of her most popular appearances was in the song Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aayi in the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hain.
In this song, she played the character of a Rajasthani folk artist and lit up the song completely. She also became a part of the Farah Khan dance group. By that time Farah was already a popular name in Bollywood and the first choice for several movies. Geeta Kapoor’s talent did not go unnoticed, and she soon became Farah Khan’s assistant. Within the next few years, the duo had choreographed some of the most iconic Bollywood songs. Geeta had finally found her calling and she started working as an independent choreographer for movies as well. She is still one of the most famous choreographers of the Hindi Film Industry and is a judge in many dance reality shows. Her nickname is ‘Geeta Maa’ which is given to her by her students.
- Birth: Geeta Kapoor was born on July 5, 1973, and she is 46 years old now. She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and her zodiac is Cancer.
- Physical stats: Geeta is 5 feet 5 inches tall, and her weight is 165 lbs. Her vital statistics are 34-28-36. She has naturally Brown eyes, and her original hair color is Black.
Geeta Kapoor was arrested under IPC Sections 338 (causing grievous hurt) and 279 (rash driving) on March 11, 2015. She was later released on bail. Charges are that she crossed speed limits while driving on JP Road, Vateshwar Naka, Versova. As a result, she hit a man, Nisar Noormohammad who was crossing the road. The man had fractured his right leg after he got hit by Geeta’s car.
- Modeling: Before she had stepped into Bollywood as a dancer and choreographer, Geeta Kapoor did modeling assignments for a short period.
- Background dancer: She appeared as a secondary background dancer in songs such as ‘Dum Tara.’ Her more famous performances were in the song Tujhe Yaad Na meri aayi in the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hain. She was also a part of the dancers’ group in the song Gori Gori from Main Hoon Naa. Even before these, she featured in songs from movies such as Nayak, and Kuch Kuch Locha Hain.
- Assistant choreographer: Geeta Kapoor was the assistant to Farah Khan for songs in movies including Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Bombay Dreams, Dil Toh Pagal Hain, Om Shanti Om, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Mohabbatein, and Main Hoon Naa
- Choreographer: Her independent projects were songs in movies including Fiza, Shirin Farhad ki Toh Nikal Padi, Asoka, Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya, Saathiya, Tees Maar Khan, Heyy Babyy, Aladdin, and Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic.
- Shows: She choreographed IPL ceremonies and other concerts
- Judge: Dance India Dance (several seasons), Dance India Dance Li’l Masters (several seasons), DID Doubles, Dance Ke Superstars, Dance Ke Superkids, India’s Dancing Superstar, Super Dancer, Dance Plus, India’s Best Dancer, and more.