Roadies and Splitsvilla Season 9 fame Varun Sood is one of the most good-looking influencers trending on social media. From his participation in Roadies Season 4, Varun Sood was a noticeable face of Indian television. His good looks and pleasing personality were two of the primary reasons for his popularity since his first appearance on TV.
Varun has also been part of several controversies since the early days of his career. He has created headlines for his relationships, reality show appearances, and social media posts. In this post, you can check out more details about Varun Sood, his career, personal life, and his likes and dislikes.
About Varun Sood from Splitsvilla
Born on April 1, 1995, Varun Sood belongs to a well-to-do family in Delhi. His parents are Anjali Sood and Vineet Sood. He also has a twin sister named Vedika Sood and a younger sister called Akshita Sood.
While not much information about his parents is available on the internet, Varun often posts pictures with them on social media platforms. His fans and followers adore them because of their incredible family bonding, which is evident in the pictures.
The actor, model, VJ, host, and influencer completed his education from beginning to end in Delhi. First, his schooling was at Delhi’s Army Public School. After that, he joined Sri Venkateswara College and completed his graduation there.
Sood took up commerce for his graduation and has a bachelor’s degree. Throughout his school and college days, Varun was an incredible athlete and took a serious interest in sports. Basketball has always been his favorite sport, and he is also a national-level player.
Varun Sood Career Graph
During the Roadies x4 2016 auditions, Varun had his debut appearance on television 2016. He competed in the “MTV Splitsvilla Season 9” later that year and came in first runner-up. He then took on the role of host, co-hosting three episodes of NBA Slam with his coach Rannvijay Singh.
Then he and his then-girlfriend Benafsha Soonawalla hosted MTV Campus Diaries. He also played the part of Daljeet in “MTV Big F” in 2017, marking his acting debut. Later, Sood became a participant in another MTV Reality Show, Ace of Space, on which he also confessed his love for Divya Agarwal.
Apart from these, the actor-influencer won hearts during his appearance as a captain on Roadies alongside other famous names such as Neha Dhupia, Nikhil Chinappa, and more. Moreover, he is among the highest trending influencers on social media platforms, especially Instagram.
Furthermore, he is the face of several brand campaigns and runs his company, which sells sports jerseys and merchandise. Currently, he is enjoying all the appreciation that has come his way for his debut appearance in Indian cinema with Jugg Jugg Jeeyo. The movie also stars Anil Kapoor, Neetu Singh, Varun Dhawan, Kiara Advani, Manish Paul, and Prajakta Koli.
Varun Sood Love Life
Coming to his love life has undoubtedly been full of highs and lows, not to forget the drama and controversies. He started dating his co-contestant, model, and influencer, Benafsha Soonawalla. They were a happy couple till the latter became closer to her then-best friend Priyank Sharma during their time on Big Boss, a famous reality show. It was a tough time for Varun, and he was slipping into depression too.
During this time, Sood confided in his best friend and Priyank Sharma’s ex-girlfriend Divya Agarwal. Later, Varun confessed his love to Divya on national television, and the duo became one of the most good-looking couples. However, after a few years of dating, Divya and Varun decided to part ways peacefully, leaving their fans disappointed. Both of them went on to post their sides on social media, stating that it was a mutual decision.
Interesting facts about Sood
Here is a list of some interesting facts about the good-looking anchor, model, and influencer. The list below mainly includes information about his likes and dislikes.
- Varun loves to eat sweets, butter naan and chicken tikka, ice cream, and chaat on his cheat days. While he loves a hearty Punjabi meal at home, his favorite restaurant is Mumbai’s Bhojohori Manna which is famous for its authentic Bengali food.
- He is a huge movie buff, and the list of his favorite actors is pretty long. The top favorite list includes Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey, Jr., Leonardo DiCaprio, Aamir Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, and Matthew McConaughey.
- Being a music lover, he listens to both Indian and western music. Moreover, he is a big fan of Sonu Nigam and states that the singer’s romantic numbers are his favorite. On the other hand, Sood is also a lover of retro music and says that The Beatles is his all-time favorite band. While he loves many different songs, two of his favorites include Love Me Do by The Beatles and Norwegian Wood.
- As a sports enthusiast and athlete, he is a fan of several sports people. But, of course, he considers himself one of the biggest fans of Usain Bolt and Michael Jordan.
- During his free time, Varun loves watching TV and is a big cartoon and anime lover. He once spoke about his love for Pokemon. Besides, he loves to binge-watch web series, and his favorite to date is FRIENDS.
- If you are his follower on social media, you will often see the influencer wearing black. However, he confesses his bias towards the color, which is also his favorite.
- According to his friends and family, Varun has a polite, fun-loving, and friendly personality.
Varun Sood from Splitsvilla is now an essential name in the Indian Television Industry and on social media platforms. His dedication and style inspire many youngsters trying to make a name in the industry. Besides, he is also the brand ambassador for several campaigns and has around 2 million followers on Instagram. While we have compiled almost all the basic information about the actor, you can follow him on social media for his daily updates and post.