One of the hottest and most popular actors in Hollywood who most women swoon over…
Tina Datta is an Indian television actress who is most famous for her role as Ichha and Meethi in Uttaran. It was a hit daily soap that aired on a Hindi GEC channel called Colors TV. Tina was born and brought up in Kolkata, and also started her career in acting out there. Later, she shifted base to Mumbai, where she became a popular household name. She was a part of several daily soaps, fiction, and reality shows, and has a pretty big fan base.
Tina Datta started acting at the age of five. Over the years, she kept polishing her acting skills and has finally found a firm place in the list of some of the best TV artists. Moreover, she is a known face in both the Bengali and the Hindi industries. Back home, she has worked with some of the ace directors too. Her versatility in terms of acting is also something worth mentioning. Starting from playing a thug in a Bengali soap called Khela to the sweet and vulnerable Ichha in Uttaran, she has left a mark everywhere.
- Birth: Tina Datta was born on November 27, 1986, in Kolkata, West Bengal. Her zodiac is Sagittarius, and her nationality is Indian.
- Physical stats: Tina is 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 121lbs. Her vital statistics are 34-26-36. Besides, she has brown eyes and naturally black hair.
- Education: She spent her early life in Kolkata, where she also completed her education. She went to Meghmala Roy Education Center and later to St. Paul’s Boarding and Day School. For her higher education, she went to the University of Calcutta.
- Parents: Tina Datta belongs to a traditional Bengali family, and not much is known about her parents. She also has a brother whose name is Debraj Datta.
- Marriage: Tina is not yet married, but was in a relationship before. Initially, she was dating Supervising Producer Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal, and then businessman Paresh Mehta.
- Tina Datta started acting at the age of five, and her first role was in a Bengali serial called Sister Nivedita. After that, she bagged roles in quite a few films as well. For example, Pita Matar Santan, Sagarkanya, and Dus Number Bari are a few of her initial movies.
- Ace Bengali director Rituporno Ghosh offered her a role in his famous film Chokher Bali in which Tina played the role of Manorama. Later, she bagged another significant part of the young Lolita in Parineeta. Other than that, Tina has worked in Bengali movies such as Tharak and Chirodini Tumi Je Amar.
- The list of TV and reality shows is long. In the Bengali TV industry, she was part of shows like Khela; I Laugh U, and Durga. After she began her career in the Hindi TV industry, she became part of soaps such as Uttaran and Koi Aane Ko Hain. Tina has also been a part of several reality shows, and the most popular ones include Big Boss 5, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7, Fear Factor: Khatron K Khiladi 7, and a few more.
Awards and Accolades
- In 2009, Tina Datta won the Best Actress nomination in a lead role in The Indian Telly Awards. She was also nominated under the same category for the Producers Guild Film Awards.
- In 2010, she won the Producers Guild Film Award for the best actress in a Drama Series. She also achieved the Kalakar Award for the Best female new face. Last but not least, she also received the 16th Lion Gold Awards for the best actress.
- Actor: Amitabh Bachhan, Brad Pitt, Shah Rukh Khan, and Hritik Roshan
- Actress: Kajol, Angelina Jolie, and Priyanka Chopra
- Film: Agneepath (2012)
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Food: Dimsum
- Color: white
- TV show: Diya Aur Bati Hum