Are you Looking for Raghu Rai Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebritynews.wiki. Raghu Rai was born on December 1942 in Jhang, Punjab, British India (now in Pakistan). He is a photographer.
|Full Name||Raghunath Rai Chowdhry|
|Famous For||Being the First Indian Magnum Photographer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||December 1942|
|Age (as in 2017)||75 Years|
|Birthplace||Jhang, Punjab, British India (now in Pakistan)|
|Educational Qualification||Civil Engineer|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Padmashree in 1972|
• Photographer of the Year from USA in 1992
• Officier des Arts et des Lettres by French Government in 2009
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife:– Usha Rai (Journalist) (m. 1968)|
Second Wife:– Gurmeet Sangha Rai (Architect) (m. 1989)
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (in Irrigation Department)|
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Sharampal Chowdhry (Photographer)|
Sister– Not Known
Note: He has 3 siblings.
|Favourite Drink(s)||Whisky, Rum|
|Favourite Place||His farm near Delhi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghu Rai
- Does Raghu Rai smoke?: Not Known
- Does Raghu Rai drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born in Jhang (now in Pakistan) and was the youngest of his 3 siblings. After completing his Civil Engineering, he started his career as an engineer in New Delhi. Due to the lack of interest in this field, he worked there for just one year and then left the job.
- In 1962, he started learning photography from his elder brother Sharampal Chowdhry, better known as S Paul, and began his journey as a photographer in 1965 at the age of 23.
- In 1966, he became a part of “The Statesman” (a New Delhi publication), West Bengal. He worked there as a Chief Photographer for almost 10 years and left the newspaper in 1976.
- After getting impressed by his exhibition at Gallery Delpire (held in Paris), the renowned photographer Henri Cartier Bresson announced his name to join Magnum Photos in 1977.