Are you Looking for Palwankar Baloo Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebritynews.wiki. Palwankar Baloo was born on 19 March 1876, in Dharwad, Karnataka, India. He is a cricketer.
|Full Name||Babaji Palwankar Baloo|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm|
in meters– 1.80 m
in feet inches– 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg|
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Debut||On 8 February 1906 Hindus v Europeans (First Class)|
|Team(s)||Hindus (1905-1921), Maharaja of Patiala’s All India Team|
|Bowling Style||Left-arm orthodox spin|
|Date of Birth||19 March 1876|
|Birthplace||Dharwad, Karnataka, India|
|Date of Death||4 July 1955|
|Place of Death||Bombay (Mumbai), India|
|Age (at the time of death)||79|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Poona (Pune), Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son– YB Palwankar|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
• Babaji Palwankar Shivram (Cricketer)
• Palwankar Ganpat (Cricketer)
• Palwankar Vithal (Cricketer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Palwankar Baloo
- His family name Palwankar comes from his native village Palwan.
- His father worked in the army, and he either worked as a sepoy in the 112th Infantry Regiment or worked in an ammunition factory in Kirkee.
- He got his first job of tending the pitch at a cricket club for Parsis in Pune (then Poona). He earned ₹3 a month.
- In 1892, he moved to the cricket club for Europeans, The Poona Club, where he erected the practice nets, rolled and swept the pitch and occasionally marked the tennis courts.
- Mr. Tross, one of the Europeans, encouraged him to bowl at the nets. His slow-left-arm bowling impressed many, Captain J.G. Greig, in particular. It is believed that Grieg used to give him eight annas every time Baloo dismissed him.
- He bowled a lot in the nets but was never given the opportunity to bat as at the time batting was considered as preserved for the aristocratic class.