Manish Sisodia is a political figure who rose to fame after joining Aam Aadmi Party led by Arvind Kejriwal. He became the deputy chief minister of Delhi.
Being a part of this political party, Mr. Sisodia actively works in departments across education, finance, services, urban development and planning, IT, and more. He is also responsible for catering to aspects not under other AAP ministers.
Mr. Arvind Kejriwal considers Manish Sisodia as an important part of his team. However, he is currently in the news for all the wrong reasons. We will discuss that in another blog post. Here, we will speak about his political journey.
Manish Sisodia joining AAP
Before becoming a part of AAP, Manish Sisodia was a journalist. He worked with companies like All India Radio and Zee News from 1996 to 2005. He was aware of Indian politics due to his mass communication and journalism career.
After 2005, he quit journalism to take a step ahead for the Right to Information. He had also begun an NGO called Kabir to spread awareness regarding the same. Further, his contributions to building the Jan Lokpal movement headed by Anna Hazare became a massive success. He also associated himself with social work by going to Parivartan NGO.
Mr. Kejriwal and Mr. Sisodia joined hands to work together in 2006 by building the Public Cause Research Foundation. However, he was not a part of politics before 2012. Later, he also became a part of the Delhi Legislative Assembly, reigning victorious over a BJP member.
Later, in 2015, Sisodia fought from Patparganj in Delhi and won the seat against Vinod Kumar Binny from BJP.
Facts about the deputy chief minister of Delhi
Here are some things you should know about this person if you take an interest in Indian political figures:
- Sisodia is the right hand of Arvind Kejriwal
- He founded Aam Aadmi Party with the Delhi CM
- He pursued a diploma in journalism from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
- Sisodia is a strong contender who has won over BJP candidates multiple times
- He has worked with big news companies like Zee and AIR
- The man is currently 51 years old
- He hails from Pilkhuwa, Hapur district Uttar Pradesh
- He was born on January 5, and his zodiac sign is Capricorn
- The man was one of the 100 most influential Indians, as stated by The Indian Express in 2016
Manish Sisodia and the CM of Delhi have brought several developmental changes across the capital city. From educational reforms to economic reforms, he has worked hard to develop Delhi. Currently, he is in trouble due to some lingering arrests. Click here to find out what this is all about.