Are you Looking for Khaleda Zia Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebritynews.wiki. Khaleda Zia was born in Dinajpur, Bengal Presidency, British India. She is a politician.
|Real Name||Khaleda Majumder|
|Political Party||Bangladesh Nationalist Party (1979–present)|
|Political Journey||1984: In August, elected chairperson of the BNP|
1991: In February, won an election for the first time
1991-1996: Served as the Prime Minister of Bangladesh in her First Term
1996-2001: Served as the Leader of the Opposition
2001-2006: Served as the Prime Minister of Bangladesh in her Second Term
2008-2014: Served as the Leader of the Opposition for the 2nd time
|Biggest Rival||Sheikh Hasina|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm|
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||9 August 1945 (according to her matriculation examination certificate)|
5 September 1945 (according to her marriage certificate)
19 August 1945 (according to her passport)
15 August 1945 (she claims)
|Age (as in 2018)||73 Years|
|Birth Place||Dinajpur, Bengal Presidency, British India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Iskandar Majumder (Businessman)|
Mother– Taiyaba Majumder
Brother– Sayeed Iskander
Sister– Khurshid Jahan
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||General Ziaur Rahman (7th President of Bangladesh)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Khaleda Zia
- Does Khaleda Zia smoke?: Not Known
- Does Khaleda Zia drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born into a family of businessmen in Dinajpur District in Bengal, British India (now in north-western Bangladesh).
- In 1960, she married Ziaur Rahman who went on to become the 7th President of Bangladesh in 1977.
- Her husband, Ziaur Rahman ruled until 1981 when in a military coup, he was assassinated.
- After her husband’s demise, Khaleda Zia became head of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party, which was founded by Ziaur Rahman in 1970.
- Khaleda Zia, along with her supporters, had fiercely opposed the autocratic rule of Hussain Muhammad Ershad and was detained more than 7 times because of her protests against Ershad.