Dr Apj Abdul Kalam
Are you Looking for Dr Apj Abdul Kalam Age, Birthday, Height, Net Worth, Family, salary, Weight etc..? Find the latest complete information on celebritynews.wiki. Dr Apj Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 in Tamil Nadu, India. He is a scientist.
|Full Name||Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam|
|Nickname||Missile Man, People’s President|
|Profession||Professor, Author, Aerospace Scientist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm|
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||15 October 1931|
|Birth Place||Rameswaram, Ramnad District, Madras Presidency, British India|
(now in Ramanathapuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
|Date of Death||27 July 2015|
|Place of Death||Shillong, Meghalaya, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||83 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac arrest (Stroke)|
|Resting Place||Pei Karumbu, Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Schwartz Higher Secondary School, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu, India|
|College/University||St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India|
Madras Institute of Technology, Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science in Physics from Saint Joseph’s College, the University of Madras in 1954|
A Degree in Aerospace Engineering from the Madras Institute of Technology in 1960
|Family||Father– Jainulabiddin Marakayar (A boat owner and Imam of a local Mosque)|
Mother– Ashiamma Jainulabiddin (Housewife
Sister– Asim Zohra (eldest)
|Hobbies||Playing Veena, Delivering Motivational Lectures, Walking, Listening to Indian Classical Music|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- He was born to a Tamil Muslim family in Rameswaram.
- Kalam’s father owned a ferry, which took Hindu pilgrims back and forth between Rameswaram and Dhanushkodi (now uninhabited).
- He was the youngest of 4 brothers and one sister in his family.
- His ancestors had been affluent traders and landowners. They mainly had grocery trade to and from Sri Lanka.
- Because of ferrying pilgrims between the mainland and Pamban, the family earned the title of “Mara Kalam iyakkivar” (wooden boat steerers).