JoJo Siwa is a popular American celebrity and YouTuber who is endeared by the public.…
Chris Anthony John Martin is the co-founder and lead singer of Coldplay. He is also a songwriter, record producer, and a philanthropist. Chris comes from a musical-oriented family as his mother, Alison Martin is a music teacher. She inspired him to take up a career around music. While growing up, Chris learnt to play rhythm guitar, piano, keyboard and harmonica. Here’s an insight into Chris Martin’s journey so far.
- Birth: Chris was born on March 2, 1977 and he is currently 43 years old. His birthplace and hometown is a small village of Whitestone in Devon, England.
- Physical stats: Chris is 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 175lbs. He chest size is 42 inches, waist 36 inches, and biceps 14 inches. The color of his eyes is blue and original hair color is medium blonde.
- Education: Martin studied in Exeter Cathedral School where he had formed his first band. However, it was rejected by the audience. He then studied in Sherborne School and got in touch with Phil Harvey who became Coldplay’s manager later on. Chris graduated from University College London with honors in Latin and Greek.
- Parents: He is born of retired accountant, Anthony Martin and music teacher Alison Martin.
- Siblings: Chris has four siblings and he is the eldest. He has two brothers Alex and Richard, and two sisters, Rosie and Nicola.
- Marriage: Chris was married to singer and actress Gwyneth Paltrow in 2003 but was soon separated. He dated Jennifer Lawrence and Annabelle Wallis, but is now in a relationship with Dakota Johnson. Chris and Gwyneth divorced in 2016 but they have two kids, Apple and Moses.
- Coldplay origin: Coldplay’s inception dates back to Martin’s university days where he met Will Champion. Along with him, Jonny Buckland, and Guy Berryman they formed their bank ‘Starfish’, which was later named ‘Coldplay’.
- Albums: ‘Parachutes’, their debut album was an instant hit in US, UK, and Australia. Singles like ‘Trouble’, ‘Yellow’, and ‘Shiver’, were much loved. Their next album named ‘A Rush of Blood to the Head’ was out in 2002 and won several national and international awards. The 2005 release ‘X&Y’ was a commercial hit and was labeled ‘emotional’ and ‘fresh’. The fourth album in 2008, ‘Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends’ was famed for having tribal music, honky-tonk piano, and was termed ‘different’. The fifth one, ‘Mylo Xyloto’ was all about love stories with happy endings and released in 2011. The sixth one was ‘Ghost Stories’ released in 2014 and seventh ‘A Head Full of Dreams’ in 2016. The last album release was ‘Everyday Life’ in 2019.
- Solo ventures: Chris collaborated with Ron Sexsmith, Faultline, Ian McCulloch, Michael Stipe, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Nelly Furtado, among others in his solo ventures since 2002. Chris sang the song ‘Gravity’ for Embrace and another song ‘Do you know it’s Christmas?’ for a charity group. He also appeared in TV shows and movies as a cameo.
Awards and Accolades
- Grammy: Coldplay has won seven awards till now
- Juno Awards: Coldplay has won three awards till now
- Ivor Novella Award: Coldplay won one award for song Viva La Vida or Death
- Chris won the NME Award for the Hottest Man in 2003