Ankita or Sunkusmita Konwar is the wife of popular actor and sports enthusiast Milind Soman.…
Ankita Lokhande is a popular Hindi television actress, who has recently stepped into movies. She hails from Madhya Pradesh and belongs to a simple family that had no connection with the film industry. Ankita started her career as a television actress from Pavitra Rishta, which made her a household name overnight. She was cast by Balaji Telefilms opposite Sushant Singh Rajput as the protagonist.
Her character received immense love and appreciation, and she also went on to win a few awards for her role. She played the character of Archana in the serial who was the eldest daughter in a middle-class household. The story then takes a turn when she gets married to Manav (played by Sushant Singh Rajput). Then, it is mostly about the struggles the couple faces in their lives.
During this time, Ankita and Sushant fell in love and started dating each other. Their relationship was the talk of the industry and viewers were loving them too. Their on and off-screen chemistry was amazing. Unfortunately, a few years later when both of them decided to part ways. Sushant, by that time, was already into movies and was becoming popular as an effortless actor.
Later, Ankita debuted in Manikarnika in the role of Jhalkari Bai, which was quite an act too. In real life, Ankita Lokhande is a cheerful girl, who likes to live life one day at a time. In her interviews, Ankita has said that she is a very positive person and believes that there is a right time for everything. Therefore, she feels that every person has to go fight their own battles to emerge stronger. She has been a part of several controversies too.
Table of Contents
- Birth: Ankita Lokhande was born on December 19, 1984, and is currently 35 years old. She was born in the small city of Ujjain, in Madhya Pradesh.
- Physical stats: Ankita is 5 feet and 5 inches tall, and she weighs around 121 lbs. Her vital statistics are 34-28-34. She has beautiful brown eyes, and her hair is naturally Black.
- Education: Before moving to Mumbai to try her luck in acting, Ankita had completed her schooling and graduation from Indore, a popular city in Madhya Pradesh.
- Parents: Ankita Lokhande was born in a middle-class family Marathi family. Her father Shashikant Lokhande was a banker, and mother Vandana Pandis Lokhande was a teacher.
- Siblings: Ankita has two siblings- a brother and a sister namely Sooraj Lokhande and Jyoti Lokhande respectively.
- Marriage: Lokhande is not married but has been in two relationships that have come out as news. First, she was dating her co-star, Sushant Singh Rajput, and her present boyfriend is Vicky Jain, a businessman.
- Ankita Lokhande’s on-screen debut was with Pavitra Rishta in 2009
- She made her film debut as Jhalkari Bai in Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi in 2019
Awards and Accolades
- 2010- 3rd Boroplus Gold Award for the best debut actress (female), Television Academy Award for the Face of the Year (female)
- 2011- 4th Boroplus Gold Award and Start Guild Award for the best actress (female)
- 2012- 5th Boroplus Gold Award for the best actress (female), Indian Telly Award for the best TV personality
- 2014- Start Guild Award for the best actress (female)